With recent news events involving violence, we want to take a moment to remind each of you how very appreciative we are of the loving care and guidance you give your children each day to help them feel heard, valued, nurtured and safe.
As you discuss these difficult topics with your children, we wanted to provide you with some resources from the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) that you may find helpful. Attached to this message, please find the following documents which have age-specific guidance for parents:
In addition, here are some quick reminders from NASP:
1. Reassure children that they are safe.
2. Make time to talk.
3. Keep your explanations developmentally appropriate.
4. Review safety procedures.
5. Observe children's emotional state.
6. Limit television (and social media) viewing of these events.
7. Maintain a normal routine.
As always, if you have any specific concerns, please don't hesitate to contact your child's teacher, guidance counselor or any member of the administrative team.