I hope everyone is safe and well. Today we will begin our next phase of the distance learning model with middle school students. Our staff is excited and eager to “see” their students today and this week.
I know that a lot of information has been shared during these past few weeks as we prepare for Continuity of Learning. I would like to thank you for your patience and your support during this process. Please know that this is new for every person involved and it will take time for all of us to learn and adjust. We will work together to problem-solve and the entire Patapsco Middle staff wants to support all of our students and our families during these unprecedented times.
By 9:00 a.m. today, teachers will post assignments in Canvas. Students will submit work through Canvas by 10:00 a.m. on Friday, April 24, 2020. Regular class check-ins will follow the schedule below. Teachers will share the meeting time with students via Canvas.
Monday, April 20
· Period 4/4A Google Meet Check-In: 1:00-1:45 p.m. OR 2:00-2:45 p.m.
Tuesday, April 21
· Period 1/1A Google Meet Check-in: 8:00-8:45 a.m. OR 9:00-9:45 a.m.
· Period 5/5A Google Meet Check-in: 1:00-1:45 p.m. OR 2:00-2:45 p.m.
Wednesday, April 22
· Period 2/2A Google Meet Check-in: 8:00-8:45 a.m. OR 9:00-9:45 a.m.
· Period 6/6A Google Meet Check-in: 1:00-1:45 p.m. OR 2:00-2:45 p.m.
Thursday, April 23
· Period 3/3A Google Meet Check-in: 8:00-8:45 a.m. OR 9:00-9:45 a.m.
· Period 7/7A Google Meet Check-in: 1:00-1:45 p.m. OR 2:00-2:45 p.m.
Each week will alternate between an “A week” and a “B week.”
April 20-24: A-day classes will be assigned work and have check-ins
April 27-May 1: B-day classes will be assigned work and have check-ins
The A/B schedule will continue to rotate each week for as long as we are engaged in distance learning.
As we engage in distance learning, it is important to know that the HCPSS Code of Conduct is in effect. Although we do not anticipate problems, we ask that you review the following with your child to ensure that all students have a safe, peaceful, and positive distance learning experience. During distance-learning, students should:
· Adhere to HCPSS Policy 8080 Responsible Use Technology and Social Media and other relevant HCPSS policies.
· Students will only be permitted into a Google Meet virtual check-in session with a HCPSS email account. All students can be identified through their HCPSS email account.
· Inappropriate/offensive/threatening comments, misrepresentation of identity, and/or disruptive participants (invited or uninvited) during Google Meet virtual check-in sessions will not be tolerated.
· Sharing login information violates the confidentiality rights of other students and places them at risk of having to witness disruptive behaviors from students who are not members of the class or school community.
· Students who are disruptive and/or “trespass” Google Meet virtual check-in sessions will be immediately reported to administration and will receive appropriate consequences in accordance with the HCPSS Code of Conduct. Consequences may result in temporary or permanent loss of technology access, which will also result in a student's inability to participate in Google Meet virtual check-in sessions; assignments will be provided to parents.
Once again, we do not anticipate problems, but we ask that you do review these with your child to ensure that everyone has a safe and positive experience. Thank you in advance for your support!
Our Patapsco team is excited to engage with students and families through this distance learning model. Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions.