Honor Code link
There is a direct relationship between academic achievement and regular attendance. The instruction and activities that take place in the classes cannot be thoroughly replicated when missed. We hope that you will take the necessary steps to ensure that you arrive at school on time. Developing personal responsibility and fostering punctuality are important lifelong skills that all of us strive to acquire.
TARDY TO SCHOOL
- 1st Unexcused tardy- Warning.
- 2nd Unexcused tardy - Conference with counselor.
- 3rd Unexcused tardy - Conference with Pupil Personnel Worker & contact home.
- 4th Unexcused tardy and beyond- Meeting with an Administrator and disciplinary response based on the HCPSS Code of Conduct
TARDY TO CLASS
- 1st Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation.
- 2nd Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation.
- 3rd Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation, warning of consequence if tardiness continues, & parent contact.
- 4th Unexcused tardy - Minor incident report, parent contact, & assign morning detention.
- Chronic tardiness to class - Office disciplinary referral, parent contact, and administration assigns after-school detention. Further tardy to school offenses will result in progressive disciplinary responses based on HCPSS code of conduct.
Inappropriate Use of Electronic Device
Although cell phones can be a tool in the classroom, sometimes they cause a distraction to learning for the owner of the phone and to those around him/her. Therefore, in order to maintain an engaging, productive learning environment, the following expectations are in place for this school year:
- Phones and personal communication devices must be away and either off or silent while in classrooms. Phones should not be set to vibrate.
- Students may use personal technology devices in classrooms only when approved by the teacher or administrators.
- Students may use their cell phones and electronic devices during lunch and recess, but they are not permitted in hallways at any time for safety reasons.
- Students may listen to music using one earbud during lunch and recess (but not in the hallways); only one earbud/headphone (not two) is permitted during lunch/recess for safety reasons.
- Students are not allowed at any time to videotape, audiotape or take photographs during the school day, including during the bus ride to and from school.
- Students who fail to adhere to this policy may have their property confiscated.
- Each class will have Cell Phone Time Out Folders
- The Cell Phone Time Out Folder will serve as safe keeping of the electronic device. The folder will be closed and kept on the desk until the bell rings.
- Sequence of Consequences:
- Parent contact
- Parent contact, MIR, and morning detention
- Parent phone call and Office Referral
Patapsco is not responsible for lost, stolen, or broken property.
We will review this procedures with students, but you can help us by reviewing these expectations with your child at home.
Thank you for your ongoing support!