There is a direct relationship between academic achievement and regular attendance. The instruction and activities that take place in the classes cannot be thoroughly replicated when missed. We hope that you will take the necessary steps to ensure that you arrive at school on time. Developing personal responsibility and fostering punctuality are important lifelong skills that all of us strive to acquire.
TARDY TO SCHOOL
- 1st Unexcused tardy- Warning
- 2nd Unexcused tardy - Warning and contact home
- 3rd Unexcused tardy - Before school detention and contact home
- Beyond the 4th unexcused tardy it will require a meeting with an Administrator and/or Pupil Personnel Worker
TARDY TO CLASS
- 1st Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation
- 2nd Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation
- 3rd Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation, warning of consequence if tardiness continues, & parent contact
- 4th Unexcused tardy - Minor incident report, parent contact, & assign before school detention
- Chronic tardiness to school - Office disciplinary referral, parent contact, and administration assigns after-school detention. Further tardy to school offenses will result in progressive disciplinary responses based on HCPSS code of conduct.
Inappropriate Use of Electronic Device
If a cell phone or other electronic device is being used inappropriately and therefore is confiscated by any staff member, the following steps will be taken:
- 1st Offense: Warning
- 2nd Offense: Staff member directs student to deliver phone to front office and follow-up with a parent phone call. Student can pick up phone at the end of the day.
- 3rd Offense: Staff member directs student to deliver phone to front office, parent phone call, and morning detention assigned. Student can pick up phone at the end of the day.
- 4th Offense: Staff member directs student to deliver phone to the front office and staff member writes with a disciplinary referral and calls parent. Parent will need to pick up phone from front office.