Honor Code link
There is a direct relationship between academic achievement and regular attendance. The instruction and activities that take place in the classes cannot be thoroughly replicated when missed. We hope that you will take the necessary steps to ensure that you arrive at school on time. Developing personal responsibility and fostering punctuality are important lifelong skills that all of us strive to acquire.
TARDY TO SCHOOL
- 1st Unexcused tardy- Warning.
- 2nd Unexcused tardy - Conference with counselor.
- 3rd Unexcused tardy - Conference with Pupil Personnel Worker & contact home.
- 4th Unexcused tardy and beyond- Meeting with an Administrator and disciplinary response based on the HCPSS Code of Conduct
TARDY TO CLASS
- 1st Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation.
- 2nd Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation.
- 3rd Unexcused tardy - Reminder of expectation, warning of consequence if tardiness continues, & parent contact.
- 4th Unexcused tardy - Minor incident report, parent contact, & assign morning detention.
- Chronic tardiness to class - Office disciplinary referral, parent contact, and administration assigns after-school detention. Further tardy to school offenses will result in progressive disciplinary responses based on HCPSS code of conduct.
BRING YOUR OWN DEVICES/CELL PHONE EXPECTATIONS
From Policy 8080: Middle Schools - Students:
- Students will not use personal technology devices during non-instructional time, to include but not limited to transition between classes, lunch, recess, or in bathrooms.
- A school administrator may, on occasion, authorize the use of personal technology devices for special events and/or for positive behavioral supports and interventions.
ELECTRONIC DEVICE, INAPPROPRIATE USE OF
Students may carry their cell phones with them each day, but they must be silenced and away. Each Staff Member will have a Cell Phone Time Out envelope for students to place their cell phone in during class if they use their phone inappropriately or without the direction from a staff member. The cell phone Time Out Envelope says:
CELL PHONE TIME OUT
- Your cell phone needs a time out because you did not follow the electronic device policy at Patapsco Middle School.
- Remember that cell phones/devices are to be “OFF and AWAY unless I say it’s okay.”
- Please put your electronic device in this pouch for safe keeping, and leave it closed on your desk until the bell rings. Return the empty pouch to your teacher after the bell.
Sequence of Consequences:
- Parent contact
- Parent contact, MIR, and morning detention
- Parent phone call and Office Referral
Relax…the world existed just fine before cell phones, and you will be okay! I don’t want you distracted by your phone. I want you to be an active part of our class community.
Patapsco is not responsible for lost, stolen, or broken property.
We will review this procedures with students, but you can help us by reviewing these expectations with your child at home.
Thank you for your ongoing support!